Menstrual Cycle Disorders
Menstrual cycle fault is not a rare situation. Practically every woman faces it. The causes are different – genetic predisposition, infection diseases, gynecological interventions, hormonal disorders, sudden weight loss, stresses, weakened immune system, etc.
The specialized doctors distinguish several kinds of menstrual cycle disorders:
- Amenorrhea (Greek preffix a- means ‘no’) is absent periods.
- Dysmenorrhea (Greek prefix dys- means ‘disorder’) is irregular periods.
- Oligomenorrhea (oligo- means ‘insufficient’) is poor and infrequent periods.
- Hypermenorrhea (hyper- means ‘excessive’) is abundant periods with excessive bleeding. It is also called menorrhagia (‘month’ and ‘interrupted’).
- Algomenorrhea (Greek algos ‘pain’) painful periods.
- Polymenorrhea (poly means ‘many’) the cycle lengths of the periods are short.
Menstrual cycle disorders can have unpleasant follow ups because they can affect the formation of the ovule, which is one of the infertility reasons. Moreover there is a dependence between menstrual disorders and endocrine diseases. Therefore if you have irregular periods make an appointment with a specialist!
Diagnostics and treatment use various methods. First of all, after the Gynecologist-Endocrinologist examination the patient gets tested and undergoes necessary investigations. Every disorder is individual therefore the definite tests and investigations are appointed by the doctor. On detecting the causes of the disorder the doctor chooses the type of care.
The treatment can include:
- Treatment of Causing Diseases (e.g., Infections).
- Providing Normal Action of Endocrine Glands.
- Acu-Reflex Therapy.
- Taking Vitamins or Biologically Active Food Additives.
- Changing Life Styles (physical exercises, giving up smoking, day regimen change and correct food, etc.)
At The Euromedica Clinic you will be offered an efficient care in any menstrual cycle disorders. Our Gynecologists will provide qualified diagnostics, point to the efficient type of care and offer subsequent medical supervision to avoid further repetition of the problems. Keep yourself healthy!